You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
A few monhts ago the @italia org has removed the permissions needed to maintain the core tools (#321 (comment))
Since the current admins aren't guaranteeing to follow the standard, those repos can no longer be its reference implementation. Besides, a neutral name is better than a country's org: we've had people assume the tools are for Italy only or that the Italian Digital Transformation Department maintains them.
Neither is true, and moving them here clears that up.
From v0.8.0 (early October) the core tools will be developed and released from this org, under the names below.
To the @italia sysops:
Please transfer the following repos (Settings -> Danger Zone -> Transfer -> type "publiccodeyml", it's two minutes per repo), to keep history, issues and redirects.
@italia will then have its own forks (with different names as otherwise the redirects won't work anymore) and pulling from upstream, while keeping in mind that #275.
@valeriocomo what would make my workflow easier and faster is getting back the access that was removed, so I can do the things listed in #321 (comment). For example, on publiccode-parser-go I still can't turn on private vulnerability reporting or manage branch protection, Actions secrets and deploy keys. On httpclient-lib-go I can't cut a release.
I also noticed today that I only have read access to italia/publiccode-parser-orb. To mark it as unmaintained I had to fork it and open italia/publiccode-parser-orb#13, and now I can't merge it.
Hi @bfabio,
Sorry for the delay.
We're eager to get back to you regarding your request, but we're still waiting for feedback from some of our internal stakeholders.
We cannot share a timeline but as soon we got I reply we will keep you informed.
Activity
doc: link the core tools to their publiccodeyml repositories
valeriocomo commentedon Sep 11, 2026
ciao @bfabio. we have to discuss it internally.
Feel free to reach out to me for anything that might make your workflow easier and faster.
bfabio commentedon Sep 23, 2026
@valeriocomo what would make my workflow easier and faster is getting back the access that was removed, so I can do the things listed in #321 (comment). For example, on publiccode-parser-go I still can't turn on private vulnerability reporting or manage branch protection, Actions secrets and deploy keys. On httpclient-lib-go I can't cut a release.
I also noticed today that I only have read access to italia/publiccode-parser-orb. To mark it as unmaintained I had to fork it and open italia/publiccode-parser-orb#13, and now I can't merge it.
valeriocomo commentedon Sep 24, 2026
hi @bfabio.
I know how you feel at this moment, and I would do everything within my power to help you release the new version.
I can take care of the tasks listed in comment #321 for you.
Practically speaking, open an issue for each project and tag me in it. I'm open to work on these in sync with you, if that works for you.
Even if it's only temporary, does that sound like a reasonable arrangement?
bfabio commentedon Sep 25, 2026
Thanks @valeriocomo, I appreciate it.
Development is already continuing here and I've prepared everything on the
publiccodeymlorg to make the transition transparent.I'm waiting for the rename, the only remaining action is the move on your side.
ifraixedes commentedon Oct 7, 2026
What's the current status of publiccodeyml/libpubliccode?
I see that is already in this org, however, the original repository is not archieved.
If somebody wants to use the library, which URL should it use?
bfabio commentedon Oct 7, 2026
@ifraixedes development and maintenance moved here, so use
publiccodeyml/libpubliccode.We're waiting for the italia repos to be transferred to this org, with a rename. The old URLs will keep working through GitHub redirects.
bfabio commentedon Oct 7, 2026
@valeriocomo any news?
valeriocomo commentedon Oct 19, 2026
Hi @bfabio,
Sorry for the delay.
We're eager to get back to you regarding your request, but we're still waiting for feedback from some of our internal stakeholders.
We cannot share a timeline but as soon we got I reply we will keep you informed.
tomootes commentedon Oct 29, 2026
Just wanted to drop that i think it would be healthy to maintain the core tools within this github org :)